Friday, May 11, 2012

The Avengers and Cheesecake!

I had a great time last night with Randy(a.k.a the husband). We went to the Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner. I couldn't believe how busy it was for it being 4 o' clock on a Thursday! But then we realized it was because of happy hour. I ordered the Mexican Tortilla Salad from their Skinnylicious menu, and let me say, it was sooo good! I will be getting that again the next we go. I was so hungry by the time it came, that I forgot to take a picture! Randy ordered a turkey burger and he let me sneak in a small bite before he devoured it all. :) I was pretty sure we were supposed to get bread with our meal, since the last time I went to the Cheesecake Factory they did, but that was fine by me. No bread in your face, means no extra calories!

After we filled our tummies with some healthy food, we left to go see the Avengers! Again, it was packed also for a Thursday afternoon! We got there just in time to find a good seat before it filled up. Some people had to sit alllll the way in the front, but I'm glad we didn't have to! I thought the movie was good. I love action movies, and there was plenty of that in this movie.

Since we didn't get cheesecake at the restaurant, I made myself a yummy fruit and yogurt parfait for dessert when we got home. Yum! Ten times better than McDonald's!


 
Fruit n' Yogurt Parfait 

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
  • 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
  • 1- 6 oz container of vanilla yogurt
  • 1 tbsp granola  (I made my own using Julie's Cinnamon Chia See Granola recipe)
Directions:

1. Place berries in a bowl and nuke it for 60 seconds or until they're soft. Crush them up a bit with a spoon.
2. Put half in the bottom of the glass, top with half of the berry mixture, the other half of the yogurt, and then the rest of the berries. 
3. Now top it off with a tablespoon of any granola. Dig in and enjoy!


This morning for breakfast I had some overnight oats, using Katie's Never-Ending Oatmeal Bowl trick. I topped it off with half a sliced banana and some cinnamon.


Then I decided to add a PB2 drizzle to the top...


Now it's time for me to go mop the floors and exercise before I head over to Randy's grandparents for lunch. Yay for cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment