Saturday, May 12, 2012

Protein pancakes!

It's the weekend! Although, everyday is pretty much the weekend for me. Sometimes I even forget what day it is until I look at the calendar.

Breakfast

I started off the morning with some protein pancakes, rooty tooty fresh n' fruity-style..



Protein Pancakes


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
  • 1 scoop (30g) any flavor protein powder (I used ON 100% whey in vanilla)
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:


1. In a bowl, add rolled oats and hot water, then let sit for 1-2 minutes to let the oats "cook" until they are soft. Add the rest of the ingredients to the oats and mix well.
2. Preheat a skillet to medium-low heat, spray with non-stick spray and pour in half the batter, spreading it out a bit with a spoon.
3. Heat until partially cooked and carefully flip pancake.
4. Cook on the other side for 1 minute then plate it up.
5. For the strawberry topping, I just heated up a handful of frozen strawberries in the microwave for 1 minute, then broke them up into the pieces with a fork.


While I enjoyed my breakfast at the computer, I had a little visitor eyeing the last bite of my pancake...


And then he claimed what was his...


Needless to say, I did not eat the last bite of my pancake. It was covered in fur after this incident!

At the end of April, I signed up to join Foodie Penpals for May, so today I went and did some foodie shopping for my penpal, and also picked up lots of fruits and veggies while I was out. I frequent the 99 cent only store often for fruits and veggies, and today I picked up 3 lbs of plums, 6 lbs of oranges, 2 lbs of kiwi, 4 lbs of apples, and 3 mangos, all for only $12! I love bargains!

I was starving by the time I got home from my shopping adventure, so I fixed a quick lunch.


I had some sliced turkey on a sandwich thin with lettuce, tomato, and a queso fresco & chipotle laughing cow wedge. On the side, I had a huge mango from the 99 cently only store and some cucumber slices. It was delish! I also had an unpictured plum too.

And now it's time to go watch the season finale of The Secret Circle...and then I should probably stop procrastinating my exercise. By the way, Cardio 1 of Body Revolution will kick your butt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment