Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fluffy Diner-Style Pancakes..that are healthy!

Within this past year, my love for pancakes has grown out of control..almost. :) I used to always prefer a nice crispy belgian waffle, over a stack of giant fluffy pancakes. However, that changed when I discovered protein pancakes. While protein pancakes are delicious, they are just not as yummy as the real deal. So when I came across this recipe, I was so happy until I saw that coconut flour can be pretty pricey. I put this recipe aside until I could get my hands on some coconut flour. Well, this day came sooner than expected when I found 8 oz. bags of USDA certified organic coconut flour at my local 99 cent only store! I only bought 2 bags, as I didn't know if I would even like the texture of coconut flour, but now I wish I had bought more.

And now I present to you Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes... here's the recipe!





Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
Adapted from Healthy Indulgences


Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp milk (I used Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla)
  • 4 tbsp water
  • 1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg)
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp stevia
  • dash of salt 

Directions:

1. Add the dry ingredients to a small bowl and stir out any lumps with a fork. 
2. Add the wet ingredients directly to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. 
3. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium and then pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. 
4. Cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip and cook for a minute on the other side.
5. Plate them up and serve with sugar free syrup and fresh fruit! Yum!

Makes 3-4 medium pancakes. Serves One.
~200 calories for the whole recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment