Wednesday, May 16, 2012

More Protein Pancakes!

I was really craving some pancakes this morning, but my usual recipe calls for protein powder and we are still out of it! Grrr! (I can't decide if I want to buy a different protein powder or stick with my usual) Soo..I started googling recipes for oatmeal protein pancakes and I found this amazing pancake recipe from One Healthy Munchkin.



Oatmeal Protein Pancakes (Protein Powder-less)
Adapted from One Healthy Munchkin

Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup oat flour (I grind my oats up in my magic bullet)
  • 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
Directions:

1. Mash half of your banana in a small bowl then add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes so that it can thicken up.
2. Spray a small skillet (10 or 8 inch) with non-stick and turn burner onto low. Let the skillet heat up for 1 minute, then add the batter (you could put blueberries or any other kind of fruit on top at this point) and cover with a lid. Keep checking on it periodically, but it should take about 5 minutes to cook just enough for you to be able to flip it without making a mess. 
3. Carefully loosen up the edges of the pancake first and then flip over onto the other side, cooking for 1 minute (this may take some practice). Don't worry if it doesn't look pretty, it will still taste good!
4. Plate up your pancake and top with the other half of your banana and some sugar free syrup(or not)!

This recipe makes 1 large pancake or 4 smaller pancakes if you don't like giant pancakes. 

Yum! So good! You could also make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and grinding them up yourself!

The perfect start to your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment