Friday, August 24, 2012

Iced Salted Caramel Mocha Latte

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to share a coffee drink recipe with you this morning, because it is so yummy and also so I don't forget how I made it! hehe

Enter the huge bottle of Torani syrups I bought for under $8 bucks, pump and all!

My mini mini collection of syrups :)


I found these at Smart and Final, which I have never been in before and this surely won't be my last, in the coffee aisle. It's like a mini Costco and they have soooo many syrups to pick from and about 20 different sugar-free flavors too. You can also get these for 3.99 a piece if you buy 6, which I am totally doing next time! I plan to get Raspberry, White Chocolate, Peppermint, Hazelnut, Black Cherry, and Almond...in sugar-free of course. :) 

Anywho, on to the recipe!



Iced Salted Caramel Mocha Latte

Makes one 20 oz. drink @ 50 calories

Ingredients:
  • 2 shots of espresso or 6 oz. double strength brewed coffee
  • 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder (or more if you're a chocolate lover)
  • 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 6 pumps of Torani Sugar Free Salted Caramel Syrup (about 3 tablespoons)
  • Lots of ICE!
Directions:
  • Brew your coffee or espresso and add to a mug with the cocoa powder, mixing until dissolved. 
  • Add the syrup to the bottom of a 20 oz. cup, then add the milk and stir. 
  • Fill almost to the top with ice then give your cocoa espresso mix one more stir before pouring it in.(It doesn't have to be chilled. I pour mine over while it's still hot)
  • Give it a stir, add a lid and straw and enjoy!

You can of course adjust this recipe to your liking, using different milk, non-sugar free srup, etc. Just make sure you also adjust the calories too. :) 

Since it's just my husband and I, we don't need a huge coffee maker, so I ordered this little super duper awesome single serve coffee brewer from Amazon. 


This thing is so awesome...and for only 6 dollars! It's pretty much the insides of a regular drip coffee machine, but you heat up the water yourself. :) And it works great for making hot or cold coffee drinks!


Let me know if you try out this recipe and check back for more! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment