Saturday, January 19, 2013

Six Ingredient Cookies

Hi everyone!

 Man, I'm really bad at this updating your blog thing, Haha. I'm going to make it my goal this year to update more often, and actually put up some crafts! I have been getting back into crocheting again, and I have lots of completed projects that I want to share with you guys! ^_^ But that is for another day..today I have a new recipe to share with ya'll! (I watch Paula Deen's cooking show too much -_-)

 Six ingredient cookies! Okay, so the original recipe is actually only 2 ingredients, but I added a few extras to make them yummier! I stumbled upon this recipe a few days ago on Blogilates, which led me to google "2 Ingredient cookies" and I found a similar recipe on The Burlap Bag. I already had some ripe bananas on hand, which I had to hide since bananas disappear quick around here, so I figured I would try it out! 

Okays guys..these cookies are amazing! Now just to warn you, they don't taste like your average sugar-filled, buttery cookie. Actually, I think they are even better than regular cookies. The key though is using extra ripe bananas so they are super sweet. :) No need to add any kind of sweetener! If you use raisins/and or nuts instead of dried cranberries, along with gluten-free oats, these are Gluten, Sugar, and Dairy Free!

Okay, I'm done rambling, here is the recipe!


 

Six Ingredient Cookies
Adapted from The Burlap Bag
Printable Recipe

Ingredients

  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 1 cup of quick oats*
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries**
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mashed bananas first, then mix in the rest of the ingredients and shape into cookies on a greased baking sheet.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes, then let cool on sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
  4. Eat within 2-3 days, or store in the refrigerator to keep longer.
Makes 10 servings.
~60 calories per cookie


*If you only have regular rolled oats, pulse in a food processor/blender a few times to make your own quick oats, or chop with a knife.
**Replace with any add-in you want! Raisins, Nuts, Chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless!

Yumm..Look at the giant cranberry!
The perfect treat when paired with a cup of coffee or latte! 



What is your favorite kind of cookie to indulge in?



No comments:

Post a Comment